The QLD Government has made available “2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants for lockdown-impacted businesses in Queensland”. These include:
- $10,000 grant to employing small businesses and not-for-profit organisations with an annual payroll in Queensland of less than $1.3 million
- $15,000 grant to employing medium sized businesses and not-for-profit organisations with an annual payroll in Queensland between $1.3 million and $10 million
- $30,000 grant to employing large sized tourism and hospitality focused businesses and not-for-profit organisations with an annual payroll in Queensland of greater than $10 million.
To be eligible for these grants, you must:
- have turnover of greater than $75,000 per annum; and
- have been impacted by the South East Queensland lockdown commencing 31 July 2021 or the Cairns and Yarrabah lockdown commencing 8 August 2021 or any other Queensland lockdown in the month of August 2021.
You can demonstrate “impact” from the lockdown as either:
- direct impact: essentially, you could not operate your business at all due to lockdown compliance
- indirect impact: demonstrate a 30% or greater reduction in turnover for a one week period that includes at least one day of a lockdown (compared to the same period in 2019).
Applications must be completed electronically by the owner of the business (or a registered officer) by 16 November 2021 at http://www.business.qld.gov.au/supportgrant.
For greater detail on eligibility requirements and the application process, please also see attached guidelines from the QLD government: https://www.lutzassoc.com.au/guidelines-2021-covid19-business-support-grants-16-august-2021/
Covid support grants and payroll tax relief is also available for affected businesses in NSW and Victoria. For greater detail or further information regarding these, please contact our office directly.